Meet BlogTalkRadio Host Nia, One Ambitious 9-Year Old

Nia Bakari, BlogTalkRadio host

At 9 years old, Nia Bakari is one of  the youngest hosts on BlogTalkRadio.  She is quite an inspiring young lady and is off to a running start with her show, which launched just this month. Nia was kind of enough to answer a few questions about her program and what’s up next for her.

What’s your show all about?
My show is all about meeting interesting people and learning from them.

How did you decide to start your own show?
My mom and I planned last summer of 2012, but we did not get around doing it till early this year. I learned that you have to have a good idea to have a good show. I want people to know that kids see things differently from adults.

What’s your favorite part about hosting your own show on BlogTalkRadio?
My favorite part about hosting my own BlogTalkRadio show is being able to talk to my guests by just being online or on the phone.

Who have you interviewed so far?
I have interviewed Disney talent, Cameron Goodman, who was my improv mentor, Daniel Hooven, lead investigator of Bio’s Haunted Encounters and Hawaii’s ukulele wonder kid, Aidan James.

Who’s next?
Jeff Kinney, the author of the Diary of a Whimpy Kid, Michelle Borth of Hawaii Five-0 and Atlanta’s upcoming musical duo from All The Two of Us, Maggie Schneider and Riley Duggan.

We’re so excited to see Nia’s show grow.  Be sure to tune in to Nia and Friends.

16 thoughts on “Meet BlogTalkRadio Host Nia, One Ambitious 9-Year Old

1. eaglemoon

Awesome Nia!
    I love that you’re doing this! How fantastic! I too love meeting new people who have interesting things to share. I’d love to have you as a guest at some point if you’d like to be interviewed!

I’m meeting kids from all around the world, who are interested in world peace, and taking action to make positive change in the world. I think it’s remarkable that kids today are stepping into the world sharing themselves with the world.

thanks
    eaglemoon raes
    host of Perk Up

2. Fantastic Frank aka FF

Hi NIA, congratulations on you success with being a BLOG TALK RADIO show HOST..
    You have a great concept going for you: I am doing something very similar on my two blog talk radio shows I’ve been doing for at least a year now.. even though I am 63 years young and have a TBI. its not yet focused on kids although I believe that kids have hidden talents which they use to overcome adversities.. which is what my COMIC BOOK called “The Young Explorers “@ is all about. If you are interested in getting a copy of my comic book let me know and I would be more than happy to send it out to you.
    good luck.
    LOVE
    FF

3. Kathleen Martin

Awesome! It is so good to know that there are young minds like you who are expressing themselves and sharing their wisdom with the world! You are making a difference! Keep going!

All the best!
    Kathleen Martin
    Host of Coach Cafe’

4. brenda bradshaw

congrats, i wish you much success in your journey..ifyou want me as a guest write me.. brenda bradshaw your name your life btr host intuitive advisor

5. Allison

This is so awesome. It is very uplifting to see someone so young wanting to have an impact on the world.
    My granddaughter has her website and started when she was 9 and she is now 11 she and her friends enjoy the site and are planning on doing more.
    Good luck Nia!
    Big Hugs to you

6. Stepmom Coach

You are an inspiration to many 9 year olds. My granddaughter is passionate about ending Bullying in school as she was bullied in kindergarden. She is now helping her friends to stand up to bullies without violence.
    As for me, I love talking with children and stepmoms to share their stories about what it’s like. If you ever need guests, let us know as these are topics that impact everyone everywhere.
    Good luck with your show and I’ll be sure to listen in.

Warmly,
    Claudette
    The Stepmom Coach
    Host of The Stepmom Coach Radio Show

7. Cathi Watson

What a pleasure and delight to hear about you and your show!

CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE!
    You are an inspiration….role model…

I’m inviting you to be my Celebrity Guest…
    I’m Cathi Watson…host/producer LIVE! with Cathi on Blog talk…Tues-Wed-Thursday-Friday…11-12 noon cst.

I prepp all my Guests, so we will have to have a telephone conversation before your on-air with me.

WEB…www.cathiwatson.com