by Deb Ng
One question we’re asked a lot here at BlogTalkRadio is where to find royalty-free or podsafe music to download (and upload) for BlogTalkRadio shows. Many of our hosts enjoy playing music for their listeners, but don’t want to violate any laws. Fortunately, there are plenty of places to find royalty free and podsafe music.
- MySpace: Nikki Starr recommends using MySpace to find Indy bands who would be happy for the airplay. Many of them haven’t signed over the rights to their music but would love to be heard. All you need is for them to send you an MP3 and a letter granting you permission to play their tunes.
- PodSafe Audio – A popular place for musicians and music lovers to share tunes.
- Stock Music - Offers cutting edge music for podcasts, but you’ll have to pay.
- Royalty Free Music - A diverse collection of podcastable music.
- PodSafe Music Network – Allows you to purchase music for your podcast.
- Magnatune – A record company that wants you to podcast their music!
- Creative Commons – There’s plenty of music on the Creative Commons, though maybe not so much in your favorite genre.
- CC Mixter – Features remixes licensed under the Creative Commons.
- GarageBand – Featuring some awesome independent music.
- LoopSound – More royalty free music.
- SoundClick – A variety of music available from both signed and unsigned bands.
- Royalty Free Classical Music – Offers a nice selection of classical music for podcasts.
- Music Track Library – Costs about $15 per.
- Opuzz - Buy background and intro and outro music here.
- Music Buggy – A place for the people who make music and the people who play music to connect.
- Ioda Alliance – An online Independent music distributor.
- The BeatSuite - Royalty free and podsafe music.