I can’t talk or blog about 9/11 without becoming emotional. You see, on September 11, 2001, I worked in the accounting department of an upscale retail chain in lower Manhattan, just a stone’s throw from the World Trade Center. My husband worked on Wall Street. We both witnessed all of the tragic events of that day.
I’ll never forget hearing the first plane hit and seeing the second. I won’t forget seeing the towers fall or the panic and pit in my stomach feeling of not being able to find my husband for six hours. I’ll always remember all of the people who, like me, took a five hour walk from lower Manhattan to Queens after all public transportation shut down. I’ll especially always treasure the minute my husband walked into our tiny apartment covered from head to toe in dust from the fallen towers, but otherwise OK. I, we, will always wake up on 9/11 thankful we’re alive but with our thoughts towards those who aren’t.
BlogTalkRadio is remembering today as well. I invite you to listen in on one or all of the many 9/11 tributes on our network today. (all times EDT)
- John and Christie Sweet host a poetic tribute tonight at 9:00 on WSN Radio.
- The Daily Tinkle welcomes a true hero, one of the fireman who was at Ground Zero. Don’t miss it at 10:00 a.m.
- Jaqueline Foreman and guests will pay tribute to the victims of 9/11 this evening at 8:00.
- At 9:30 this morning, Lobster Talk Radtio will host a tribute to 9/11.
- On Nikki Rocks the Politics the theme is “There’s Always Hope.” I’ll be there at 10:00 am.
- Today’s 9/11 tribute on the You Served radio show includes special guests Troy Steward a veteran who served in Afghanistan, David Bellavia, author of “House to House”, and retired Marine Corps Major General Fred Haynes, who was a member of Combat Team 28, the unit that raised the flag on Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima.The show begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Charlie and Hans remember 9.11 on Political Atlas at 7:00 p.m.
- Tonight at 8:00 p.m. John Barnhart welcomes 9/11 Special Michael Scheuer former CIA Agent in Charge of Capturing or Killing Osama bin Laden.
- I’d like to invite you to listen to a past tribute from two years ago, when BlogTalkRadio was only a month old. Alan Levy and Amy Domestico offer this moving tribute.
There are more 9/11 tributes and rememberances today on BlogTalkRadio. Please visit our On Air Schedule for the full rundown.
Thank you for remembering.