The first three minutes of your radio show are the most important – it’s when people decide whether they like what you’re doing and if they’ll keep listening to the rest of your show.
First impressions count, and in a crowded marketplace where people have so many things vying for their attention, you need to do everything you can to make an impression.
So you need to make the most of that 180 seconds, and in the latest episode of BlogTalkRadio University we’re giving you some tips to make it count.
Here’s some simple things to think about…
1. If you’ve got a great piece of Intro Music – keep it to 20 seconds to stop everyone switching off.
2. Remember to introduce the show and yourself – you want new listeners to know who you are and what you do.
3. Get the interview with your great guest started – don’t even wait one minute.
4. Tell people how to interact – phone numbers, email addresses, social media, web addresses.
5. Signpost – pick 3 topics or features and let people know what time you’ll be doing it.
6. Introduce your team last – it helps keeps all the important stuff clear
You can listen to the whole show right here.