Say Hello To The Shiny New BlogTalkRadio

We gave you a sneak peak last week, and today the new BlogTalkRadio is live! We’re stepping out with a cleaner, more stylish design and features to make hosting and listening on the site a much more enjoyable experience.  Our team is very excited to unveil the new site to you and hope you love it as much as we do. Dig right in and explore the site.

New BlogTalkRadio Homepage

You can read more about the new design & features here.

Your feedback on our site helped us to improve it. As always, we want to continue to make it better so let us know what you think and tell us what other great features you’d like to see on BlogTalkRadio in 2013. Give us your feedback here.

24 thoughts on “Say Hello To The Shiny New BlogTalkRadio

1. Tre25

Hello. the new site has made changes with litte options for me to choose from. i once was able to find a current show by hitting the recent button but now im left with is to find a show by chance.

1. Chitra

Thanks for your feedback. On the new site, pressing on Live in the top nav functions to let you know what is live and upcoming now. You can also choose from our Categories menu to see what shows are Live in certain Categories.

1. Holger Awakens

Chitra,

I love the new look but on this subject, I used to really enjoy going to the category of Politics Conservative and being able to see all of the shows scheduled for the evening pretty much on one page – I could see what is on now and what would be on 4 or 5 hours later. Now it appears I see what is on Live now and perhaps six shows over the next couple of hours. How do I see what is on later than what shows on the page?

1. Chitra

Hi Holger,

Glad you like the new look! You can still go to Politics Conservative, you just have to go to Politics first and then it is listed as a subcategory that you can click on at the top. To see what is live or upcoming, you just click on Live & Upcoming Episodes. Hope that helps you out!

2. Holger Awakens

Sorry Chitra,

I found my answer…the shows are listed under a couple of banners after the most recent shows coming up. I spoke too soon! haha

1. Chitra

Hi Larry,

Thanks for commenting. Radio now is a subcategory of Entertainment. You can continue to label your shows Radio and they will live as a sub category under the main Category of Entertainment. Hope that is helpful!

2. David Franklin

We love the new look!

Looking forward to expanding our show to a longer format. It has been a great experience for my co-host Lori and I. Couple glitches but, overall been outstanding.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to expand in the coming months. All the best to you…

Respectfully,

Dave & Lori
    Co-Hosts- “Kitchen Politics 123 Radio Show with Dave & Lori”

3. Tu

How do I change BTR back to old layout??? I don’t like to have to scroll down all the listings to find a show… plus what happened to the On Air button? The live button doesn’t list all the on Air shows. The new look in my opinion is not functional enough. Bring back the old one.

1. Chitra

Thanks for your comment. For On Air shows, you select Live on the top nav and it does display all live shows. You can also search Live shows by Category but clicking on the Category you’re interested in at the top of the page.

1. Chitra

Hi Mark,

Glad you like the new look. You click Live in the top nav and select the Category of your choice to refine your search. The other way to do this is to first select the Category on the top nav and then on the page, click on Live & Upcoming Episodes. Hope that is helpful for you.

4. Kelly Lincoln

I like the new, cleaner look, but where did the drop down menu of shows we follow go to when we’re logged in?

1. Chitra

Thanks Kelly! To see the shows you are following, you go to My Account and “Shows I Am Following: appears in the bottom left. Is this what you are referring to?

5. Amy

I don’t like this new look. I can’t see the shows that are on air live. If I am searching to watch a show that I don’t know the name of I can’t find it…
    Had trouble getting to the show I wanted to see tonight. I believe in change but this is not user friendly at all. It’s aggravating trying to find a show now. Not happy.

1. Chitra

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your feedback. Many of the changes that occurred were actually gathered from user feedback, but that said, it’s impossible to meet everyone’s needs unfortunately. We do appreciate your feedback though because we are always looking to improve our site. I will be taking back your comments to our tech, product and design teams to review.

To see shows that are live, you now click on Live in the top navigation bar. Thanks again.

6. Ray

the new site doesn’t function well. Pop out menus are empty, I cannot sign out once I sign in, the player doesn’t work and forces me to use my own player, running script error when I go to an archived show, my God the bugs weren’t even addressed.

7. Kristin

The new site is very pretty but it seems like there is a great deal of wasted space on the home page, specifically, space occupied by the click menu with 20 pictures representing show categories at the top. Where has the section for featured shows of the day gone? Hosts with shows featured graced the home page for a 24 hour period – now, no more. Shows that are live, once at the top of the home page, are now at the bottom. And one cannot search featured hosts by category- and there is nowhere except the “live shows” tab where featured shows and hosts get top billing. The previous site, though perhaps not as ‘aesthetically pleasing’, was far easier to navigate and gave shows, featured and non-featured alike, much more exposure than on the new site.

1. Chitra

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for your feedback. Your comment on searching Featured hosts by Category is a valid one and I’m taking that one back to the team for further discussion.

The featured shows of the day were many times the same selections that we would have as a Staff Pick so we consolidated those features into Staff Picks, which is now larger and front and center on the homepage of the site and does live there for a 24 hour period. To find live and upcoming shows, you now click on “Live” in the top navigation bar and you can search by category by clicking on “Categories” in the top navigation bar.

Thanks again!