We surveyed 200 hosts that are generating the most listens on the network to find out how they’re marketing their shows. We’re passing these tips on to you in case you are looking for proven techniques for increasing your listener base for your online radio show.
Here are the Top 10 Tips from our hosts:
- Social Media Marketing is key! Almost 100% of the hosts surveyed are using Facebook, Twitter, Cinch, MySpace and more to market their shows.
- Develop a regular email newsletter. This can be an ideal vehicle to promote your show.
- Take advantage of the BTR Player, post it to your blog, website and social networking profiles.
- Always create a unique, SEO-optimized show description. (Don’t use the same description for every episode.)
- Encourage word of mouth. Ask your friends, colleagues, family and current listeners to help you spread the word about your show.
- Participate in online forums, groups, message boards, and communities where people who might be interested in your show congregate.
- Put out press releases regarding your top shows.
- If you don’t already have one, start a blog and write about topics that are complementary to your show. This can provide another great online platform for promoting your show.
- Connect with other hosts within the BTR host community. There are a lot of experienced hosts out there that are open to sharing their best practices with others.
- Make guest appearances on other BTR shows.
You’ll also find some marketing resources below that can help you get started with several of the above tips. And be sure to follow the BlogTalkRadio blog to learn more about our survey results in the weeks to come.
How to Use Twitter to Market Your Online Radio Show
How to Use Facebook to Market Your Online Radio Show
How to Use Cinch to Market Your Online Radio Show
Installing the BlogTalkRadio Player to Your Website