Who’s won the most Oscars of any living film composer? It’s Alan Menken and he’ll be on BlogTalkRadio Tuesday on Movie Addict Headquarters.
Hear Menken discuss the wonderful music he’s written for the new movie Enchanted as well as his general experience as a movie composer with host Betty Jo Tucker on Movie Addict Headquarters at 4pm ET on Tuesday.
Menken has composed the musical scores for many Disney films, including Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Aladdin, Little Shop of Horrors, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Hercules. His eight Oscars came to him for the outstanding original songs and scores he created for Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Pocahontas.
During Menken’s interview, the following topics will be covered:
- Menken’s biggest challenge in writing the music for Enchanted.
- His favorite musical selection from Enchanted.
- Where Menken gets his inspiration for his movie music.
- The key to an effective relationship between a film’s director and composer.
- Menken’s most satisfying musical accomplishment.
- Film composers from the past he admires.
- Advice for wannabe film composers.
This show airs live at 4pm ET (archive here, too) and listeners are invited to call in with questions or comments. The call-in number is 646-478-5668.