If you feel your BlogTalkRadio show isn’t generating enough traffic, you might consider how your promoting each segment. Sure, you can just write up your show description and leave it at that, or you can treat each different show as an event and prote it with much fanfare.
One of the ways I like to spread the word about the various BlogTalkRadio shows is by promoting it as an event on Face Book. This is very simple to do. If you don’t have a FaceBook it only takes a few minutes to create. If you do have an account, log in.
- To the right under “applications” click on the link for “events”
- You will be taken to a menu listing various events. At top right center, there’s a button labeled “create an event” click on this.
- Now fill in your event name and all relevant information. Don’t forget to include the time, date and link back to your advertised segment.
- Click the blue “Create Event” button the bottom.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can upload images. This is especially handy if you have a special guest to promote.
- Click again to create your event and your done!
- Next invite everyone you know who would enjoy this event.
That’s all it takes to turn your show into an event. The more people you friend on FaceBook, the more likely you are to have a good turnout.