As we posted earlier, BlogTalkRadio is taking part in an historic Blog Action Day event, a 12 hour talkathon for poverty. Lots of people are asking how they can help or participate in Blog Action Day events. Here are a few things you can do:
- Blog about Blog Action Day. Even if you don’t have poverty-related experiences to share or facts to relay, you can still link to participating blogs, point everyone to our talkathon or the Blog Action Day website, post our BlogTalkRadio Blog Action Day talkathon player on your website or just talk about the coolness of the day.
- Tweet out Blog Action day updates on Twitter. The hash tag for the event is #bad08. Memorize it. Embrace it. Use it.
- Talk about what’s going on. Discuss poverty and Blog Action Day on your favorite forums and social networks.
- Visit participating blogs and offer your support in the comments section.
- Donate to a worthy charity.
- Listen to our talkathon, take part in the chat or call in to say hello on October 15!
To give you some incentive, we’re awarding prizes to random Blog Action Day bloggers. If you hear us mention your blog on the air, you have an hour to call in and win a prize.
What are these prizes we speak of? How about high-end beauty-product swag bags courtesy of Beauty Fix, or Jewelry from the Leakey Collection? And what blogger wouldn’t be interested in receiving a 30-minute consulting session from Chris Brogan, or a copy of Liz Strauss‘ or Chris Garrett‘s latest ebook? Performancing is even donating $100 to one lucky winner’s charity of choice. That’s just the tip of the ice berg! Thanks to generous sponsors, there will be prizes offered all day.
How are you participating?