As we told you this morning, Mo’Nique took top honors on the first annual BlogTalkRadio/PLUS Model Magazine “Top 12 Curvy Entertainers” list.
The ranking honors dynamic divas who have made significant strides in the entertainment industry by celebrating the skin they’re in and empowering curvy women around the world to do the same.
And tonight, Chenese Lewis, host of BlogTalkRadio’s PLUS Model Radio, unveiled the full list. But in case you missed the just-wrapped show, here are all the fabulous full-figured females who stand proudly in our Pantheon of Panache:
1. Mo’Nique: From standup comedian to movie actress to host of the highly popular Mo’Nique’s F.A.T. Chance on the Oxygen Network, Mo’Nique has built a winning career, all while maintaining her belief that women with curves deserve to be successful – and to have it all!
2. Raven Simone: She has come a long way from the adorable, pint-size favorite on The Cosby Show to singer and star of That’s So Raven on the Disney Channel – and may be worth almost half a billion dollars – but Raven remains one child star who is still comfortable in her skin.
3. Oprah Winfrey: Where to start with this woman who has bared her soul to the public concerning her life and struggles with body image? How about a confident, successful philanthropist and icon, who stands as a shining example of the adage “Anything is possible.”
4. America Ferrera: We love America! This amazing actress continues to make us root for the quirky Betty Suarez, the lead character on ABC’s Ugly Betty. Betty is smart, funny, soulful, practical and she gets the guy(s)! What’s more, we adored her in the ever-popular chick-flick series, The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants.
5. Queen Latifah: All hail the Queen. The poised, confidant and glamorous Cover Girl, actress and humanitarian (check out The CurvationSM Project ConfidenceSM Awards) is also the first hip-hop artist to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! She now touts ”better health” as one of her campaigns. Yes, we can dig that. Look for her in the upcoming movie, The Secret Life of Bees.
6. Jordin Sparks: The winner of American Idol Season 6, Jordin, was the youngest contestant ever to take top honors. We cheered this curvy beauty all the way! And a little-known fact: She was also a plus model for Torrid!
7. Sara Ramirez: This Tony Award-winning actress is unafraid to flaunt her curves, even if it means dancing in her undies on the top-rated ABC show, Grey’s Anatomy. And did you catch her in the red dress in the Got Milk? ads? Va-va-voom curves!
8. Jill Scott: A soulful triple Grammy Award-winning songstress, Jill has a new CD hitting the charts, a tour in the works and a new Ashley Stewart bra line. She’s also an actress and published poet. This multi-talented diva has it all going on!
9. Jennifer Hudson: She may have been booted off American Idol, but this diva defied the odds in the movie Dreamgirls by tackling a larger-than-life role and going on to win an Oscar for Best Actress! There’s also her latest role in the Sex and the City movie and in the upcoming Secret Life of Bees. Jennifer may have made a hit of And I Am Telling You, but she is going – all the way to the top!
10. Marissa Jaret-Winokur: You just have to love this vivacious, bubbly actress who began her career on Broadway in the Tony Award-winning Hairspray. She most recently cha-cha’d her way into our hearts on this past season’s Dancing with the Stars.
11. Camyrn Manheim: A current favorite on NBC’s Ghost Whisper, this activist, poker player, actress, Emmy Award winner and role model continues to be a champion for smart, talented, curvy women everywhere.
12. Whitney Thompson: And a final shout-out to the first plus-size lady to win America’s Next Top Model! Who would have thought?!