NEW YORK, March 25, 2009 (BlogTalkRadio) – Hip-hop star Akon was taken by surprise today when he learned that one of his crew mem- bers had been robbed last night at gunpoint.
According to TMZ.com, on Tuesday night, “four to five ‘black males’ brandishing firearms” broke into the L.A. home of Christopher Walker, who works for Akon’s producer, Detail.
Then they “put a gun to his head and forced him to the ground,” be- fore making off with a safe, some stereo equipment and the key to a Mercedes, all val- ued at $300,000.
The burglers had come to collect on behalf of Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight, to whom Detail owed money, Walker told TMZ.
While appearing on BlogTalkRadio’s World Talk Live! today at 4:30 p.m. ET, Akon reacted to the robbery.
“I’m still trying to figure out what’s goin’ on, because I was out of the country,” the Grammy Award-nominated singer-songwriter told host Brett Cohen during the exclusive broadcast interview.
“I don’t know if that’s a false accusation… It’s still under investigation. I’m just trying to figure out what that’s all about,” he said, adding:
“A lot of times, it’s just false printing or rumors. Hopefully, that’s the case this time.”
To hear Akon’s full BlogTalkRadio interview, click here.
To read the latest from TMZ on the Walker heist, click here.