Social Media Club’s first social radio show was a thought provoking dive into authenticity, credibility and authority in social media. Mike McGrath hosted special guests Chris Heuer and Robert Scoble while fielding some great calls from notable bloggers and social media leaders. Among those on the live internet radio show were Tris Hussey, Howard Greenstein, Tony Bove, Phil Wolff, Lisa Padilla, Connie Reece, Todd Van Hoosear and more. Headlines from the discussion tackled Scoble’s recent lessons learned as well as:
- Self-correcting blogosphere and its dynamic nature
- How top bloggers parse information using feed readers
- How people use Search for information
- Different sites used to search for people – Facebook on top at the moment
- Bloggers as journalists or bloggers vs. journalists?
- Mistakes in the blogosphere – making them and learning from them
- Wisdom of crowds – blogging and learning from that community
The archive of the conversation provides an interesting perspective on “lessons learned” by even some of social media’s most notable. A great listen for any novice or “expert” in the online space. You can also subscribe to the Social Media Club show so you never miss an episode. It’s great to be able to provide a platform that enables this interactive, live discussion. I look forward to more SMC shows. Heck, I may even work up the nerve to call in one day.