by Deb Ng
I recently started getting into FaceBook again. I was using it mostly to promote BlogTalkRadio events, but now it has a whole new networking/friendship vibe similar to Twitter. Those of you know of my Twitter addiction will understand why I was hesitant to put so much time into another social networking site, but heck, I’m paid to rock the networks and have a good excuse. Since I’m getting my FaceBook on again, I’d like to invite our BlogTalkRadio hosts to do the same. Especially since it’s a great way to build up a buzz around your shows and attract more people to the BlogTalkRadio community.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Become a member of niche oriented FaceBook groups to meet like-minded people who will be interested in listening to your shows.
- Offer brief updates like you would on Twitter.
- Use FaceBook’s event feature when you have a particularly notable guest.
- Share images and links
- Meet and share with other BlogTalkRadio hosts
- Create groups centered around your show or topic
- Meet potential guests
I don’t know why I didn’t give FaceBook much of a chance before. I’m totally digging it now, though and recommend you check it out!